Tradition Marches On
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Western Ave – 103rd Street to 115th Street
The Running Excels Emerald Isle Mile Run begins at 11am. Click here to register.
Security Plan Outline:
Click here to download a PDF that describes street closures in the neighborhood on parade day.
There will be no street parking on the east side of Artesian from 103rd to 111th or on the west side of Claremont from 103rd to 107th starting at 6am and ending at 3pm. Residents are encouraged to email the parade committee if they need alternate parking arrangements. Click here to send the committee and email.
- Expect vehicular traffic to be restricted on side streets surrounding Western Avenue by 9 or 10am until 3pm.
- Residential parking only allowed in the area surrounding Parade Route.
- Fines for open alcohol will be strictly enforced throughout the neighborhood.
- There will be security check points surrounding the parade route staffed by private security and the Chicago Police Department.
- Passengers will be banned from bringing alcohol on Metra Rock Island trains on Parade Day.
- Bars and schools that coordinate visits into the neighborhood have been contacted and discouraged from chartering buses to the area.
- Buses that come into the area will be directed to specific drop-off/pick-up points designated by the Chicago Police Department and surrounding suburbs. Any buses transporting individuals other than parade participants will be directed to park in unincorporated Cook County in the vicinity of Mt. Hope Cemetery. Security officials will be patrolling the area and enforcing the zero-tolerance on alcohol policy.
- If residents witness a crime or encounter problems due to drunk or disorderly behavior, local police encourage them to call 911.
Please connect with our
Facebook Page and Twitter page to stay updated on all Parade news.